With the advent of liquid screed technology it has been the holy grail to successfully produce and lay a self smoothing self compacting liquid screed
McGraths have teamed up with Cemexa Technologies of France to develop a new product for the production of cement based liquid screeds. Cemfloor is a high performance screed which complies with EN 13813.
During its 20 years of existence Cemexa Technologies has placed itself as a key player on the European market and one of the main active leaders of cement screed development.
There are 4 different products available in the Cemfloor range:
- C16/F3 – for domestic non underfloor heating
- C20/F4 – for domestic and underfloor heating
- C25/F5 – for commercial use
- C30 /F6 –for commercial use (polishing)
Cemfloor screeds are very responsive to underfloor heating; due to the fact that they can be laid in very thin sections and have a high thermal conductivity of up to 2.9w/mk.
Since Cemfloor is a cement based screed; floor coverings can be applied much faster than calcium sulphate screeds which require a final moisture content of 0.5% which can delay floor finishings by months.
Whereas Cemfloor can be tiled at a final moisture content of 5% and timber floors can be installed at final moisture content of 2.8%; speeding up the entire build process.
Compared with other liquid screeds which generally need to be forced dried with underfloor heating; Cemfloor screeds can be used in non heated floors as it doesn’t require force drying to remove moisture.
- Thinner sections compared to traditional screeds. 25mm above underfloor heating pipes.
- Larger floor area without joints (up to 150m2).
- Exceptional Thermal Conductivity (up to 2.9W/m.k).
- Reduced drying times 10 days for tiling and 28 days for wooden floors in non heated floors, in heated floors 14 days for tiling and 21 days for wooden floors. This is dependent on drying conditions or “after suitable moisture test.
- Self-compacting – no voids around under floor heating pipes.
- Can be polished for final floor finish
- All floor coverings can be applied with no need for surface sanding.
- More thermal insulation can be used in floors, compared to traditional sand cement screed which leads to a better u value for your building.
- Minimal Drying Shrinkage (<0.05%).
- Foot traffic after 24 hours.
- Can be applied in wet areas.
- Can be forced dried after 7 days.
- Compatible with all cement based tile adhesive, no priming of surface required.
- No Surface Laitance (Dust) after curing.
- Easy Installation; up to 1000m2 per day (Reduces time & costs).
- Lower Running costs for underfloor heating systems when using Cemfloor. This is due to the exceptional thermal conductivity of up to 2.9W/mk and the ability to lay thinner screeds over the underfloor heating pipes.